Thursday 10 May 2007

Cheap(er) tickets to Menopause the Musical

Hey, gang. Guess what I got in my email?
"I am so glad that you see it for what it is: a lighthearted look at the changes in life and not some Chekovian disaster evening! We have more fun for sure!!! We would be pleased to offer your readers what we call our Supergroup Rate. What it means is that an individual can call the Shaw Box Office (0870 033 2626), ask for the “Intranet Offer” and receive £10 off a single ticket (this is the group rate but offered on an individual basis). This rate will be valid for all shows through June 3. Additionally, students can purchase a ticket on the day for £19.75 with a student ID. All success to you!"
- Menopause the Musical's press officer
So if you want to see the show for yourself and form your own opinion, that's how you can do it for cheap(er). Don't get me wrong - that's a lot of money to spend all at once, and the show does have a few snags. But it's a kind offer and I'm happy to pass it on. I certainly enjoyed myself when I went. The Guardian sensibly edited out my admission of a moment of madness but I'll confess here - I actually joined the audience participation bit at the end of the show - complete with kick line and jazz hands.

Chella

No comments: